Join us in Mumbai for The Actuarial Club’s Event
You may wonder what is The Actuarial Club of India and what exactly we are supposed to do?
Our prior motive is to bring the professionals in our industry from a fresher to fellow closer and bridge the gap between them. We like to share knowledge, experience, problems (and how to overcome it!) and prospectus (What does the future holds!). We are a regional community and we are nothing without your support. What we do and what we can do depends on you. We together can contribute a lot to our profession and this is our primary motive. and vision.
What we have already done:
- Made available jobs open to over 450 members of our site on forums
- Provided a platform to speak and know more about Actuaries by knowledge sharing and article posting
- Online Session with a fellow & experienced Actuary and our reach was not only limited to India
- Online Session with an Actuarial Recruiter, so that you could directly ask the recruitment queries and know more about the market demands.
Till now it all went well because at every moment we had your support but its the time to take it to the next level! So, just to add more charisma, we are organizing a scheduled event, The Actuarial event from ” The Actuarial Club” and we are inviting you to join us in our vision. It would really mean a lot to us if you can make your presence feel.
Details of the event are as follows:
Date: 3rd June 2018
Time: 12 p.m – 4:30 p.m
How we are different from the other events?
While in most of the the events, you’re provided a seat and make listen for hours on a single topic. We have scheduled it in such a way that it covers aspects for freshers to professionals. Here is what we are expecting for you to gain:
- Freshers/Interns: For freshers, we are covering everything from very basic so that they are able to understand each and everything about the profession. Key points for freshers to gain would be:
- Fields in Actuaries (From traditional to evolving)
- Personality building
- Networking and knowledge sharing (Very important aspect to begin your career with)
Moreover, freshers would be provided with an opportunity to have a direct interaction with the working professionals from our industry, where they could raise their concerns, learn from their experience or even vouch for themselves as prospective future candidates for their respective companies without hesitation. As we already said our vision is to help industry grow and we want to create a platform where we could help freshers in landing their first job as well, because we understand how difficult it can be! So, after the session we would be collecting the CVs of the freshers who attends (even for those who wants to shift) and will forward it to respective fellows in our connection in various domains.
- Professionals: Key points for professionals to gain would be:
- Knowledge sharing
- Networking (with professionals coming from various fields)
- Helping the profession grow
We have seen every country where Actuarial profession is well understand and known have their own regional communities where people meet & greet among themselves in a timely manner and discuss on the betterment of the profession and how each individual can contribute. We are expecting the same from our working professionals.
Full details of the program would be mailed post your confirmation but some of the highlights of what we are covering is:
- Personality & CV building session for freshers.
- Investment, Finance and Product Development session, which covers whatever you need to know about the evolving field for Actuaries.
- Actuarial vision: The story of five tables and five different fields in Actuarial Science. Choose yourself!
Who are joining us in this wonderful journey?
We tried to extend our reach as much as we could do, to bring the best for you. While some had busy schedule and promised us for next time but some of the people were really generous to give us confirmation and support in our vision. List of Fellows and Associates who will be attending the session are:
- Mr. Charchit Agarwal
- Mr Yogesh Agarwal
- Mr. Prateek Kathuria
- Mr. Mahidhara Devangere (who will join us through Skype!)
We are still in talk with the other Actuaries as well and we expect to get confirmation from their side soon.
How to Register?
You could attend the event by registering for it. We are taking a refundable deposit of INR 100 which will allow us to track actually interested people. As we have to make prior arrangements due to capacity available, we are charging this security refundable amount just to confirm your presence. You will shortly receive all the details of the program after registering for the event.
Outcome we expect?
The Actuarial club is not just about us. Its about anyone who have entered the profession and is willing to contribute. We welcome anyone who have vision for the Actuarial Science globally. We want to extend our reach PAN India and without your contribution it might not be possible.
We hope to see you there.