My thoughts on last news article as an Actuary student.
Yesterday we were on 95% of middle-class Indians do not have enough health insurance but I found like 95% of the people you were looking at salari’ed article ignored it. I hate that insights when it don’t go the way I want. Why Actuary would be caring about Insurance news?” Is that your comment? Today I want you all to have a look about how I think of it.
Around 95% of middle-class Indians do not have enough health insurance to cover some of the most common procedures and ailments in the country, according to a report by BigDecisions.com
- You know what, If you are viewing it in my way, you are dealing with billion of uninsured people.
- You may have one-tenth of a million work-groups to have your studies work or based upon
- Thousand of policies are yet to be formed.
- Companies like Bupa, Nippon, Prudential are investing more in India, It’s for investing? Where the insurance company will invest?
Investment in best people is the best utilization of money.
- The thing for me, you have a market of billion of people to market the policy in the way that has never be presented before!
- There could be thousand of region based policies. I don’t know whether it is possible to handle or not but if you need to step “on-to” Indian market, you need to try out some “never been done” combinations.
- Thousands of start-ups are forming. No no you don’t start one, approach all, your work is to give them shoot-out by insuring them. (andI just created a brilliant idea which could be very helpful. #marketingskills)
There are thousand of other things that can be pointed out. The market size is very very small right now but we have chance to spread it to some like more than 1 billion people. We just need to make sure that at whatever position we’ll be/are in, It will be wholly devoted to our name and what are we, being called as “Actuary” 🙂
when we combine things like that… It results in 5m+ Telenor India users enrollment for free insurance scheme within some months.
Why it matter to think that much and how it be helping us?
See, Don’t do but if you do you’ll be able to think broader by keeping you in conversation with other people. They say, you grab, You say, they comment. They comment, Mind it. You just had a conversation in which you learnt something. It helps you to have broader approach over facts.
Source: My mind 😀